Click through to learn more about .......
7 tips for Being in The Best Shape for Your Life
Food to Fuel the Ferrari you Have Inside You
There are many complexities to what to eat and what is good for you. It can seem that it changes all the time, which of course it does as science evolves
- Eat fresh and organic as much as is practically possible
- If you don’t know exactly what's in something or you didn’t watch it being made then it probably has things in it you don’t need.
- Eat a wide variety of food, or a rainbow everyday
- Eat complex carbohydrates and choose the least processed and freshest you can.
- Eat protein at every meal, but this should only take up a third of your plate
- Include fat in your diet particularly polyunsaturated and monounsaturated
- Enjoy what you eat you only live once
There is emerging evidence about the role of foods that are though to be anti inflammatory. Your body has inflammatory responses all the time as it fights off the daily grime that we live in. The problem can be that this response can get out of control or we eat too many foods that stimulate this response and these can damage our bodies.
There are also substances such as C Reactive proteins which are markers of inflammation. We know if we eat higher fibre diets, whole grains and fresh vegetables, particularly green ones and nuts we can reduce this. And hence reduce our risk of having a heart attack.
You might have heard of the Mediterranean diet. It is thought that the reason that this is so effective in reducing heart disease risk is because it relies on foods that are naturally anti inflammatory.
The key is to keep it clean and simple most of the foods thought to be inflammatory are not processed or altered in some way
This is why fish is recommended it is a great anti inflammatory food.
Nine Super foods you absolutely have to have
- Cruciferous vegetables
- Ginger and turmeric
- *Garlic and onions
- *Olive oil
*These foods are thought to mimic the anti inflammatory drug Ibuprofen