Cluck, cluck cluck.... 7 good reasons to be eating EGGS
Have you been avoiding Eggs because someone once told you they were bad for you? Well times have changed and it is all good news. They are actually one of the best and most powerful foods to have in your kitchen arsenal.
Here's some facts you might like to know.
- One egg contains 6-7g of high quality protein as well as iron, vitamins, minerals and carotenoids.
- Protein needed to produce hormones, enzymes and antibodies. Essential for repairing the body. Egg protein is also easily absorbed by the body.
- Vitamins A, D, E & B12
- Folate to help to make DNA and RNA, as well as amino acids and red blood cells, it also supports your cells to divide.
- Selenium important because it works with Vitamin E to act as an antioxidant to help prevent the breakdown of your body as well as supporting your thyroid.
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin to maintain good vision, they are also thought to reduce the development of age related macular degeneration &
- Choline that plays a strong role in brain development and function
Some Handy Recipe Links courtesy of Egg s Plore Recipes
- Shaksouka, Beautiful Baked Eggs North African Style
- Asian Style Omelette
- Indian Egg and Coconut Curry
You might also be interested in.....