7 Fascinating Facts about Undies You Need to Know
Have you ever wondered what is the best underwear when you are exercising?
Well believe it or not it is really important. It can be the difference between enjoying your exercise and never wanting to do it again.
Good hygiene is absolutely vital and is one area where you don’t want to take short cuts so you don't get any nasty bugs.
- Firstly there are no definitive rules on whether you should or should not wear knickers underneath your exercise tights. It really is personal preference. If you don’t wear underwear then you have to wash them after each use. They dry really quickly anyway and you could do it in the shower so they are dry and ready to go the next time you are.
- If you are prone to infections, and urinary tract Infections then wearing undies is a good idea.
- Make sure your undies are made from breathable and wickable fabric that stays put. What I call technical fabrics. Technical fabrics are what you will find in most sports and active wear these days. They are specially designed to move your sweat away from your body so it can evaporate and so that you don’t stay wet and sweaty. (That's what I had specially knitted into my Fit N Fifty Plus Socks)
- If your undies are the wrong size, either too big or too little, then chances are you will get chafing and blisters and it will make your exercise session uncomfortable.
- Some people like to wear a “thong” or “G String” style, especially if they are worried about VPL (Visible Panty Lines). Make sure it is made of a tech style fabric not straight cotton to stop it moving into places it shouldn’t, and therefore increasing your risk of an infection.
- If you have incontinence, particularly stress incontinence. Firstly read the article on incontinence, where you will find a host of reference sites, and listen in to Dr Samantha Pillay about what you can do.You could also check out a site called Dear Kates who sell a slightly nicer version of knickers for this kind of support. Don’t let incontinence stop you from being physically active. There is so much you can do.
- BIKE KNICKS ARE A DIFFERENT THING ALTOGETHER YOU NEVER WEAR UNDERWEAR WITH YOUR BIKE KNICKS. WHY because they are specially designed to fit next to your skin. If you wear undies you will get sore! And that is a whole other blog post.